Course Title: Data Protection Skills
QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award
Special-purpose award in Data Protection Skills QQI Level 6. This Data Protection Skills Special Purpose Award was design and developed especially for Data Protection Officers or those wishing to pursue a career in Data Protection.
Course Code: 6N20752
Next Dates: October 2020, November 2020 Dates to be confirmed.
What will I learn?
The course is made up of six sections as follows;
- Section 1: Overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Section 2: Role of a Data Protection Officer
- Section 3: Processing of Personal Data
- Section 4: Rights of the Data Subject and Responding to Requests
- Section 5: Risk Assessment & Data Processing
- Section 6: Preparing for a Data Audit
The course will assist you to:
- Develop specialised data protection skills and examine in detail relevant theory and practice and have an overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Understand the Role of a Data Protection role within and organisation and carry out relevant tasks involved in a data protection role.
- Develop GDPR systems and processes in response to current Data Protection legislation.
- Enable you to apply GDPR requirements in specific work scenarios and understand the Rights of the Data Subject and the correct steps involved in responding to requests
- Enable you to carry out risk assessment & data processing procedures
- Understand the implications of international data transfers;
- Understand adequacy and mechanisms for transfer where no adequacy decision is in place for third countries (Brexit)
- Be clear about where the use of modern technology (including CCTV and Drones) is impacted by the GDPR
About Online Learning
All of our programmes are delivered online in accordance with government guidelines. This online delivery gives you the advantage and convenience of learning from whatever location works for you, either home, work or abroad etc from your pc or laptop.
How online delivery works
Before your course starts, we will send you all of the materials that you need for the programme via email. Courses are delivered through Zoom and you will receive a zoom link for your course via email which can be used for all of your sessions. The online platform works on your phone, tablet, laptop or pc. All of the sessions are interactive, and you will be able to meet and network with the other participants. We do not record any of the online sessions at any time.
Submitting assessment materials
All assessment material is submitted via email.
As part of your QQI programme you will be given support and guidance around completing the assessments. This academic support is designed to refresh your learning skills and give you the best possible advantages in successfully gaining certification.
TalentPool has been delivering programmes approved by Quality & Qualifications Ireland for over ten years. We take pride in providing programmes that enable you to develop your skills and knowledge to industry standards.
We are available to talk to you before, during and after your programme to assist you with the completion of your programme and certification.
Who is the course for?
- Data Protection Officers
- Those seeking a role within data protection
- Business Owners
- Data Controllers
Course Format and duration
7 sessions online