In 2020, worldwide searches for support small business doubled compared to the previous year. Customers want many products and services delivered from local suppliers. Who wants their Chinese Takeaway spending 35 minutes in transit going cold or their Spider Man birthday cake turn to crumbs on a long trek over bumpy roads? For a whole range of products and services customers are looking to buy local.
An article of June 2020 in the Irish Times saw Conor Pope talk about how the lockdown has encouraged Irish consumers to buy locally sourced goods.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free business tool that lets you easily connect with customers across google search and maps. You can enable your customers to see you locally and make your business visible to your customers. You can post images, updates, business information such as opening hours, announcements and products. You can customers to the review. Positive reviews help you grow your business and gives new customers the confidence to spend money with your business.
5 tips for creating a great google my business listing.
- Add as much information as you can within the fields provided within your Google my Business Account as your customers will want to know more about you.
- Use great images as you are now getting an opportunity to put your best foot forward in terms of making a good impression. Original images are a great way of standing out.
- The cover image you use should best represent your business and should be logoed if possible.
- Encourage your customers to post reviews as this will encourage new customers to buy.
- Understand the difference between Google My Business (A Dashboard) vs. Google Places for Business (Google Maps Platform) vs. Google+ (Social Network). Read more here.