Instagram the photo and video sharing network is now owned by Facebook. You can set up a basic personal account and post your personal profile privately so that only your followers can see the content that you have posted. To increasing your digital marketing presence for your business you can set up a business profile that anyone on Instagram can see.
The top 20 most followed Instagram accounts is made up of a selection of celebrities, pop stars, football players, designer brands, National Geographic and topped off by Instagram’s own official account.
For new and emerging small businesses not on a global scale, getting started on Instagram and growing a digital presence needs to take a practical approach in terms of target following and what you are trying to achieve.
Instagram has provided information of the types of things that can be achieved by small businesses. In Instagram’s words “Businesses are using Stories to express the creativity of their brand and inspire interest and action throughout the customer journey.”
5 tips for creating a great Instagram Account.
- Set up your Instagram Business Account and start compiling content that is of interest to your audience. Developing a calendar of content that is timely and relevant will mean that your followers will have a reason to interact with your content.
- Use Hashtags wisely and plan appropriate tags that will help your audience find you. Perhaps using the hashtag tool to identify hashtags for your business.
- Encourage your followers to act or have some form of call to action. You can set up a call-to-action button when setting up your profile.
- When you have posted content join in discussions with your followers or users and ensure that your response times are timely and relevant.
- Connect your business or brand with other Instagram accounts that are potential influencers of your products or services. Getting celebrity endorsement can really drive your numbers and popularity.