Managing People QQI Level 6
Behind every successful organisation is a team of people who can lead and nurture others. Managing and motivating people is an essential skill that everyone needs in any business. The Talentpool Managing People course is designed to give the learner essential knowledge and skills in developing standards, measuring performance, motivating and empowering staff and oneself. Learners who successfully complete this course will practice effective supervisory management skills, design, implement and change standards, and appreciate the value of effective and open communication within organisations. Participants will develop their skill in crafting strategies for staff support and empowerment. This Managing People course will engage learners in the understanding and importance of effective relationships within a multidisciplinary team. Participants will develop an understanding of effective conflict resolution and mediation skills and understand the importance of stakeholder’s rights and expectations in the delivery of a quality service.
- QQI Level 6 Minor Award in Managing People (6N3945)
Talentpool is committed to ensuring that you gain the most, professionally and personally, during your learning experience with Talentpool. To facilitate this, we limit our group sizes to a maximum of 16 learners on part-time programmes. With these uniquely small groups, we create the environment for you get to know everyone in your group, you can then feel comfortable and confident to ask questions and our tutors have the time to attend to the needs of each and every learner. The learners from various organisations have continued to enjoy the benefits of completing this programme with Talentpool.
This is a part time course, which can be delivered over five days or one evening per week over 10 weeks
Course Content Modules
- Perform effectively in a supervisory management role, recognising the importance of self-management and being a positive role model.
- Managing Performance – understand how to identify and agree performance standards, manage under-performance and deviation from agreed standards in a manner that achieves a positive outcome.
- Motivating, developing and empowerment – address skills and motivation amongst staff through strategies such as skills audits, clear attainable goal setting, support for continuous professional development, team building exercises and enhancement of individuals self-esteem.
- Diversity – support the diversity of social, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of internal and external stakeholders.
- Building effective relationships – appraise the impact of the different styles of leaderships, motivational theory and its impact on staff. Recognise the importance of having good working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Legislation, regulation & policies – research and renew the main elements of legislation including Employment, legislation, health acts and European directives.
This module is part of the QQI Level 6 Major Award (6M4587) in Management and contributes 15 credits towards achieving this award. Learners can study this programme as a single award or can use it towards the 120 credits required for the Major Award.
Fill out the form below to download more information or ask a question: