Programme and Award Title and Code: Mediation 6N3945
Awarding body: Quality and Qualifications Ireland
Recognition on the NFQ: This programme is recognised on the National Framework of Qualifications.
NFQ Level and Credits: This is a NFQ Level 6 programme with 15 Credits.
Type of Award: Minor Award
What you will learn: Mediation is a highly effective way of working through a conflict situation. Organisations and individuals alike are becoming more aware of its benefits and are looking to independent; trained and certified mediators to facilitate the mediation process. Talentpool offer a Certified Mediation Programme at QQI Level 6. We have been offering this Mediation QQI level 6 programme since 2013 in Ireland. This programme is designed for all levels and we welcome participants who have no experience in Mediation to attend this programme to begin the journey of acquiring the skills that they will need to practice successfully in this field
- Assess the values and ethics underpinning mediation to include empowerment, mutual respect and equity of exchange.
- Appraise the psychology and behaviours which produce constructive or destructive outcomes resulting from situations of conflict.
- Assess the relationship between mediation and the laws in a range of contexts and jurisdictions, and the roles of party autonomy, mediator authority and power and the protection of a fair process in mediation.
- Appraise a range of structural arrangements that can frame the mediation process to include co-mediation and shuttle mediation.
- Evaluate the differences between mediations and other forms of conflict/dispute resolution.
- Assess the importance of confidentiality, impartiality, and non-verbal communication skills in mediation.
- Appraise the nature of compassion fatigue and how it affects effective practice in mediation.
- Choose the most appropriate mediation model for a particular context.
- Identify a list of skills and behaviours which help build rapport.
- Utilise a range of mediation skills and techniques to include rapport-building, listening, personal negotiation skills and responses to difficult behaviour.
- Diagnose own strengths and weaknesses as a mediator to include how they are affected by their own prejudices and responses to stereotypes.
- Record all elements of the mediation process in an accurate format.
- Apply theory to the development of effective mediation practice.
- Evaluate the stages of the mediation process and the benefits of mediation for each of the stakeholders engaged with the process.
- Assess a range of contexts for mediation practice including family mediation, organisational and workplace mediation, community mediation, commercial and civil mediation, peer mediation restorative justice.
- Manage emotional reactions in a conflict situation.
- Evaluate current relevant legislation in terms of information and data management, rights and responsibilities and the criteria required to construct a written agreement.
Programme duration: 8 sessions online
Next Start Date 06th September 2022
6.30pm to 9.30pm
Programme fee and any other applicable fees: €525
Funding Options may be available for this programme. Please contact our office to discuss possible funding options available to you.
Learner profile: This programme is aimed at individuals looking to equip themselves with the knowledge, skill and competence to become effective mediators within specific communities of interest.
Individuals looking to increase career opportunities.